Friday, August 13, 2010

La Victoire, Aix-en-Provence

I have mentioned in previous posts about Bistro Des Copains and Les Deux Garçons Brasserie that we have purchased all of our fabric for table cloths, curtains and place mats for the wine bar at our Bistro Des Copains at a wonderful shop in Aix-en-Provence.

I first stopped in at La Victoire in early 2006 with cousin Annick when we were leisurely strolling through old Aix-en-Provence going into and out of stores looking for pottery and fabric we might use at our soon to be opened Bistro Des Copains.

We entered La Victoire and were warmly greeted by Marie-Hélène who owns the store along with her husband Philippe. I could tell right away that this was not a tourist shop but a real fabric store. They had table cloths, place mats, table runners and rolls and rolls of pretty Provençal fabrics.

Almost best of all, they could have the fabric made into table cloths at a place in Marseille within the few days that I had remaining before I returned to California. I was thrilled. We have returned each time we are in Sablet to get new place mats and table cloths to replace those that are worn out.

I am warmly greeted with a 'Bonjour Michel" and bise, a kiss on alternating cheeks by Marie-Hélène each time I walk into the store. If you are looking for fabric or table cloths, place mats or runners from Provence, I would heartily recommend you visit La Victoire.



I am sure we will return many times in the future.

3 comments:

  1. As we are in Vers Pont du Gard, what is the address of this fabric shop?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I should have included the address in my post. La Victoire is located at 34, rue Vauvenargues near the vieille poste.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We went there 2 weeks ago. Back in the UK, I wish I'd bought more!! Lovely people. Wonderful shop.

    ReplyDelete